We had an interesting conversation going on the other day on if you only could do a couple of things to market your business what might they be.
You have a small business, what is the one thing you would do on-line to market your business, just 1 thing and your business is a physical retail store, brick and mortar?
1. Simple blog or website/backed up by Google Places
Ok your business is a services business, consulting, law firm, accounting, sales rep kind of business
1. Simple blog or website/backed up by Linkedin
Alright then we dug a little deeper, You have a small business, what are three things you might do to market your business on-line
Retail, store based, brick and mortar
1. Simple blog or website, something with the ability to add pages
2. Google places
3. Flickr or Picassa or YouTube something that can hold and link pictures/video, could be Facebook, I haven’t found any business yet through Facebook, so not sure how well that is working yet to locate a business, maybe better after you already know about the business to follow it. Have had success with YouTube driving traffic to a website.
Service business, consulting, law firm, accounting, sales rep kind of businss
1. Simple blog or website
2. Google Places
3. Linkedin, could be Facebook, but I think Linkedin is more important.
Way in, how would you market your business if you only can do one thing