Show #2 on presentations tips and recommended books for making better PowerPoint presentations, plus our Blog Idea to kick start your blogging. The Bruce Jones Design Show on Publishing, Graphic Design, Marketing, Video and Business.
Guy Kawasaki 10/20/30 PowerPoint Presentation Rules, 10 slides, 20 minutes and no type smaller than 30 points. Read more at blog.guykawasaki.com
3 Presentation Tips:
1. One idea per slide
2. Practice the presentation several times, record it if possible and listen back
3. People love handouts, just take the presentation notes and type them up and pass them out. Give people a take away.
• Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter) by Garr Reynolds
• slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
• Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, and Inspire (Business Skills) (English and English Edition)by Cliff Atkinson
All these books are available at Amazon.com (affiliate links)
Write a few sentences on what your company or you do. Where are your located, what is it your company does, years in business, basic services, add your phone number and web address.
A cool site on learning more about PowerPoint and producing presentations, Speaking PowerPoint