I am putting together a document for a client about marketing their book, their course, and getting more people to their website. I was looking for some resources on using social media to drop at the bottom of the doc. I found this from Hubspot.com, it is an excellent list of resources. It is good enough that you could actually create your own Social Media Agency around the advice and information listed here. I really like the section at the bottom, “How to Start Social Media Marketing” it is spot on. I rewrote it a little and put it in my words.
- Be where your customers are, where they hang out is where you hang out.
- Offer helpful advice, people just need help moving forward
- Measure, measure, measure, become one with your analytics, Google Analytics is a must
- Work with what you have. Even a little effort will move the needle
- Talk to people, Zoom and Facebook video works, don’t be an email only service
- Listen to everyone, do surveys, find out what people are looking for, record all questions.
- Create good quality and helpful posts, Google search is powerful
- Have templates and swipe files and then adapt for each platform and post
- Keep learning.
- Test, test, test, just try, hitting the publish button is one of the hardest things to do. You can always take it down and you just never know what will happen.
Here is the list, How to Learn Social Media Marketing: 39 Resources for Beginners